The mission of the Finance Ministry is to maximize long-term economic growth potential and to promote more efficient use of the nation’s productive resources in order to achieve sustainable growth and a better quality of life for all Chileans, especially for those who are most vulnerable.
- To responsibly manage fiscal policy within the given macroeconomic environment to promote long-term growth potential that will contribute to a better quality of life for all Chileans, especially for those who are most vulnerable.
- To develop and support legal initiatives that will maximize economic growth in accordance with government objectives.
- To open capital markets to the world and to stimulate the nation’s financial integration with international markets.
- To participate in free trade negotiations that will promote commercial and technological exchanges and improve the quality of life for all Chileans.
- To coordinate services and organizations dependent on the Ministry of Finance in a way that will maximize their contribution to the country’s economic growth.